Friday, April 24, 2009

This week in review 4/12-4/18

Last week was packed with really fun and exciting family memories. Thanks to mom and dad for coming down and taking Mason and me shopping. I really needed that. You have no idea how much I miss you all. Hope to see you all soon. If not, call me sometime. I love you all.
Well it has happened. Mason is now big enough -at least he thinks so- that he can nearly climb out of his crib. I guess the time has come to lower the the mattress. For a while he has been doing this let me out of jail face and when I was in there the other day folding laundry he managed to pull himself up which makes most of his top half hang over. He's not strong enough yet to stand on his own for too long so as you can guess I nearly jumped out of my skin to grab him. He didn't fall, he's just fine. He's also really mobile as of lately. His crawling looks more like a snake slithering because he just uses his arms but he sure knows how to get to places. Outlets and electric chords are his favorite targets. I'm not sure why but now I know why everyone has those little outlet covers.
On Saturday we headed down to the Buckley cabin and make a stop at the BYU creamery. They didn't have the really special flavors like Lavell Edwards but it was still yummy. Plus we got some creamery chocolate milk...Daniel was in heaven. It was such a nice day that we decided to sit on the grass and eat it. It got really windy before we could go on a walk.


This looks like one of those Magic Eye pictures. If you look close you can see the deer in the background. When we were packing up to leave the cabin (by the way the floor looks AWESOME) Daniel spotted these little critters just to the north of the cabin. Literally they were almost on our property. We watched them from the porch for a while until they moved around back then we went to the Master bedroom to look. I got brave and decided to go out the back door. They didn't even seem to care that we were there. They just ate. It was really cool.

If you read a little further down the page you can see that Mason got a pool from the Easter Bunny. Well this week it was finally nice enough that we could use it. He and I went out together early in the morning just after Daniel left. We set it up, filled it with water so it could get warm, and filled it with all of Mason's favorite water toys. We had Val and the boys over for a quick picnic lunch then they got in the pool.




I have to tell you, seeing all three of those boys in that teeny tiny swimming pool made me want to recite the rub-a-dub-dub poem. The funny thing was they didn't really care that they were pretty much sitting on top of each other. Mason thought he was in heaven. He was trying to show off all the things that he loves to do in the bathtub like splashing and pouring things out. The older boys didn't get it but I sure got a chuckle out of it. Hopefully these clouds go away and we get another day to go play in the pool again.




2 comments:

Maxfield Family said...

McKinley crawled out of her crib when she was about 6 months old. She was fine, but I freaked out. I Guess thats what happens when you have the tall Maxfield genes.
We can't wait to see the updates in the cabin. Brett misses the cabin really bad. I'm glad you guys are able to go up there so much.
Love the pictures of Mason in the pool! He is getting so big.

Valencia said...

Mason is so precious! He's changed so much since we were there in January! Glad you are all doing well and I look forward to seeing you when I come out in June.